UGRFDTD is a state-of-the-art parallel FDTD simulator (partially developed under the HIRF-SE European 7PM project with contributions from AIRBUS DS.
Find here a short presentation and further info on the UGRFDTD SOLVER
UGRFDTD is a general-purpose time-domain simulator, specially suited to deal with HIRF, Lightning, NEMP... electrically-large EMC problems involving complex structures, complex materials and cables.
It supports input files based both on a native ASCII input and on a HDF format using the open standard AMELET-HDF.
In order to clean, mesh and assign the electromagnetic properties to the problem under solution UGRFDTD can employ can employ both
In a nutshell, UGRFDTD capabilities are
- Cluster working capabilites through MPI.
- Multiple threads per processor through OpenMP.
- Closed/symmetric problems by means of PEC and PMC conditions.
- Open problems by means of PML boundary conditions (CPML formulation) or by Mur ABCs.
- Non-uniformly meshed domains by means of mesh-grading techniques.
- Conformal meshing.
- Bulk lossless and lossy dielectrics.
- Materials with frequency dependent relative permittivity and/or permeability, with an arbitrary number of complex-conjugate pole-residue pairs.
- Bulk anisotropic lossless and lossy dielectrics.
- Equivalent models of multilayered skin-depth materials
- Branched multiwires
- Junctions of wires of different radii.
- Junctions of multiwires
- Wire bundles
- Loaded with p.u.l resistance and inductance wires
- Grounding through lumped elements
- Plane wave illumination with arbitrary time variation.
- Hertztian dipole sources
- Equivalent Huygens surfaces
- Low frequency thin composites and lossy surfaces
- Thin slots.
- Time, frequency and transfer function probes
- Time animations in volumes through Paraview
- Near-to-far field transformation.