UGRFDTD is a state-of-the-art parallel FDTD simulator (partially developped under the HIRF-SE European 7PM project with contributions from EADS-CASA.
It is a general-purpose time-domain simulator, specially suited to deal with HIRF, Lightning, NEMP… electrically-large EMC problems involving complex structures, complex materials and cables.
It supports input files based both on a native ASCII input and on a HDF format using the open standard AMELET-HDF.
At this moment UGRFDTD employs tools developed under HIRF-SE to clean, mesh and assign the electromagnetic properties to the problem under solution.
There are currently two versions of the UGRFDTD program: FULL and LITE. The LITE version supports all features developed by the UGR (with a current limit of 256 Mcells problem):
- Cluster working capabilites through MPI.
- Multiple threads per processor through OpenMP.
- Closed/symmetric problems by means of PEC and PMC conditions.
- Open problems by means of PML boundary conditions (CPML formulation) or by Mur ABCs.
- Non-uniformly meshed domains by means of mesh-grading techniques.
- Bulk lossless and lossy dielectrics.
- Dielectrics with frequency dependent relative permittivity and/or permeability, with an arbitrary number of complex-conjugate pole-residue pairs.
- Bulk anisotropic lossless and lossy dielectrics.
- Branched multiwires aligned with the Cartesian grid
- Junctions of wires of different radii.
- Junctions of multiwires
- Wire bundles
- Loaded with p.u.l resistance and inductance wires
- Grounding through lumped elements
- Plane wave illumination with arbitrary time variation.
- Hertztian dipole sources
- Equivalent Huygens surfaces
- Low frequency thin composites and lossy surfaces
- Thin slots.
- Time, frequency and transfer function probes
- Time animations in volumes through Paraview
- Near-to-far field transformation.
The FULL version can simulate problems over 256 Mcells, and permits the treatment of anisotropic multilayered composites (including penetration effects) by making use of either
- The UGRFDTD LITE version can be downloaded by HIRF-SE partners during the project duration just by registering and accessing the download area.
- The FULL version (excluding SAPIENZAMIBC and YORKDIGFILT) can also be downloaded there just by signing a PDF version of the EULA (see info) and sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The YORKDIGFILT module is included in the FULL version (signing a specific EULA (see info) and sending it by email to email@example.com
- The SAPIENZAMIBC module will be available soon (a specific EULA is in the way).